Do you know the traditional aide memoire for reminding yourself whether the clocks go forwards or back? It’s “Fall Back” when the clocks go back in October, and “Spring Forward” when they go forward in March.
Well, as you know, we’ve just done it! Last Sunday (March 25th), was the beginning of British Summer Time and “Spring Forward” is a very good analogy for what the natural energies are doing at this time of year.
Suddenly everything’s going at full tilt – buds appearing, shoots rising up, birds nesting, bees buzzing. It’s as though someone has pressed the green ‘Go’ button and Nature has sprung into action!
The energies of Spring are to do with manifestation and moving forward. And we can certainly take the current natural bursting forth as a very good guideline for what we could be doing ourselves. It’s time take new steps and DEFINITELY time to let go of stuff we don’t need. So seize the moment and do a bit of Spring Cleaning and clear any clutter you may have accumulated.
Actually, if you’re feeling a bit stuck in your life, clearing clutter is a seriously good way of helping yourself to see the way forward. It’s true! Everything is Energy. And clutter creates STUCK energy because there’s not enough free space for the Chi to flow through.
So start sifting through your wardrobe and discard clothes which are either past their prime or don’t fit any more. Clear out the medicine cupboard in your bathroom and the store cupboards in your kitchen and bin all the out-of date pills, potions, tins and packets that may be lurking there. Don’t procrastinate any longer – get that filing sorted, do some shredding, and weed out stuff lurking in your desk drawers.
See if you can let go of some of that INNER clutter as well. If you’ve learnt how to do EFT, then tap away the things that you think might slow you down or hold you back and/or the things that irritate and frustrate you. Use EFT to eradicate some of the judgement and criticisim you might be heaping upon yourself. Tap through any fears you may have about moving forward and trying something new.
If you haven’t yet learnt this wonderful, simple and incredibly useful technique, try the following energy exercise which is great for dispelling any pent-up anger and frustration and feelings of stucknss. It’s called “Expelling the Venom”.
“Expelling the Venom!” – A Great Energy Tip- to Balance the Spring Energies!
- Stand with your hands on your thighs, fingers spread, and take deep breath
- With a deep inhalation, make fists out of your hands and swing your arms out to your sides and complete the circle by bringing them high above your head.
- With a loud “Shhhhhhhhh” as you exhale, bring your fisted hands down swiftly, opening them as they reach toward the ground.
- Bring to mind the source of your anger and make your movements quick and forceful.
- Repeat this three times.
- For a fourth time, feel your muscles and power unfolding as you slowly and deliberately circle your arms up and then pull your arms down as you exhale.
- Repeat until you feel the unbalanced energy dissipate.
From Donna Eden’s Book “Energy Medicine” 2008 Tarcher/Penguin.